Saturday, December 31, 2011

Brock Lesnar Retires From UFC

With the impressive first round TKO, Overeem earns a shot at UFC heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos and a chance to finally collect his most sought-after title.

In defeat, Lesnar chose to hang up his gloves, having made a promise to his family to retire from the sport soon anyway. Humbly, Lesnar announced his retirement in the cage.

"My hat's off to Alistair Overeem. I wanna take my hat off to all my training partners, my wife, my family. I've had a really difficult couple of years, with my disease. I'm gonna officially say, tonight is the last night you'll see me in the Octagon," Lesnar announced emotionally. "I wanna thank everybody. I wanna thank the Fertittas, Dana White. Brock Lesnar is officially retired, I promised my wife and my kids if I won this fight I would get my title shot and that would be my last fight, and that if i lost tonight - everybody, you've been great. Alistair, it's been a pleasure."

Lesnar, a former UFC heavyweight champion, retires with a 5-3 record.

No comments:

Post a Comment