Saturday, February 18, 2012

New Poll System

The default setting for a poll is one week, however, I find that is not enough time to gather enough votes to make an accurate result. I have been extending the poll time-limit recently and finding that gives a much more accurate result. So when I post the results and say that the poll received over 100 or 200 votes I am not trying to brag what I am saying is that this is a very realistic and believable result because we received enough votes to accurately determine the result. If the poll only lasts one week and only received 10 votes how can that be considered accurate. So out of 10 people of 3 vote for one answer and a few receive 2 and a few receive 1 or none then that means the winner only received 3 out of 10 votes, how can I write a post declaring that the undisputed winner? But if I state that the poll received over 200 votes and the winner received over 60% of those votes I feel much more confident in stating that as the winner because I know over a longer period of time that option received a much greater percentage of a larger number of votes. On family feud they always say 100 people surveyed and this is the top answer, that is what a survey needs to be accurate. So the downside is this means I will have fewer polls because we will only have a couple going each month, but the end result will be much more accurate and believable results!

No comments:

Post a Comment